Sunday 19 February 2012

I've seen enough YouTube videos to equal the length of a few feature films. And, to tell you the truth, I've enjoyed them as much as the films. I like the simple, real, funny and heartfelt quality that comes through in many YouTube videos. Some videos go viral, reaching thousands or millions of people. Imagine the powerful messages that could be conveyed and how far they could reach.

I recently saw a video posted on YouTube by McGill University in Montreal. It's real, funny and heartfelt, but not quite simple. It features scientists, students, lab technicians and volunteers from the Rosalind and Morris Goodman Cancer Research Centre. Every view of the video results in a donation to the research centre, where the cancer research programs have made significant contributions.
If you would like to help raise funds to support cancer research, you should watch this video.

If you want to be inspired to dance around the room, you should watch this video.

If you secretly wish to be a scientist and Broadway star (at the same time), you should watch this video.


There have been many Web-based videos that raise money based on their view counts. Have you seen any others? What do you think about these videos?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that Nora! I love the three older men, they were so cute and I think the age diversity really adds to the team aspect of the video. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this video! My mom showed it to me a few weeks ago, and it made me smile big time.

    Great post Nora!

    ReplyDelete